[libreoffice-users] Help please with VLOOKUP formula
Budge
2017-07-21 10:32:59 UTC
I am using a formula to fill in a cell. The formula is in cell J2
=VLOOKUP(E2,Sheet2.A2:B690,2,0).

This is looks up the value from E2 in the column 1 of the table on sheet
2 defined by corners A2:B690, takes the corresponding value from column
2 of the table and enters it into cell J2.

I want to repeat this formula down the column J but when I copy, not
only does the reference cell change ie E2 becomes E3 which is correct,
but the table cell definition also changes, which is not correct.

How should I write the formula to have the table fixed whilst lookup
cell changes please?

Budgie
All messages sent to t
Budge
2017-07-21 10:42:10 UTC
Post by Budge
I am using a formula to fill in a cell. The formula is in cell J2
=VLOOKUP(E2,Sheet2.A2:B690,2,0).
This is looks up the value from E2 in the column 1 of the table on sheet
2 defined by corners A2:B690, takes the corresponding value from column
2 of the table and enters it into cell J2.
I want to repeat this formula down the column J but when I copy, not
only does the reference cell change ie E2 becomes E3 which is correct,
but the table cell definition also changes, which is not correct.
How should I write the formula to have the table fixed whilst lookup
cell changes please?
Sorry, I have it now. Forgot the $$$$.
Duh.
All messages sent to this list will be