Math does not export properly
Jacques Malaprade
2011-10-30 22:36:02 UTC
Hi,
Please someone help. I am trying to export a long formula to PDF from lo
math and it only exports the text in the input window (%sigma etc.). I need
to export the proper formulas.
I have rebooted, tried to convert and import from different formats but no
luck.
Thanks,
Jacques

Tom Davies
2011-10-30 23:46:11 UTC
Hi :)
Can you put the equation into Writer and then export to Pdf from there?

I have heard that it's better to "Print to file" and choose Pdf rather than PS in order to embed the fonts into the Pdf. I've not been able to try & compare this myself yet.

A 3rd idea is to try re-naming the user-profile as it often seems to fix weird problems
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

Hopefully someone will have a better answer soon tho!
Good luck and regards from
Tom :)
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Math does not export properly
Jacques Malaprade
2011-11-01 08:36:26 UTC
Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

The equation will not export to a od writer format. I have printed to
file (.ps) but could not export to a pdf (apparently my printer does not
have that option)

Tried renaming the profile. Also doesn't work.

Cheers,

Jacques

Peter Hillier-Brook
2011-11-01 13:40:45 UTC
Post by Jacques Malaprade
Hi,
Thanks for the advice.
The equation will not export to a od writer format. I have printed to
file (.ps) but could not export to a pdf (apparently my printer does not
have that option)
Ghostscript will convert Postscript to PDF all day and every day. ;-)

Peter HB

[cut]
Jacques Malaprade
2011-11-01 21:21:36 UTC
Thanks Peter,

Following your advice I researched some more and used ps2pdf to convert
the file. It uses gs in the background.

Cheers,

Jacques

Regina Henschel
2011-11-01 21:42:33 UTC
Hi Jacques,
Post by Jacques Malaprade
Hi,
Thanks for the advice.
The equation will not export to a od writer format.
Open a Draw document. Insert > Object > OLE object > Object Type
'LibreOffice Formula'. Depending whether you have already saved the
formula to file or not, you need 'Create New' or 'Create from file'.
When the formula is finished, click on a free part of the document or
hit Esc-Key.

Now click on the formula, so that it gets green handles, but does not go
into edit mode. File > Export to PDF. In that dialog, in the upper part
check "Selection". OK.

If you need a larger picture and do not want do enlarge the formula via
basis font size, then use the Position&Size dialog. You have to uncheck
'protect size' and then to check 'keep ratio' and then change the size
of the object.

You can use Writer too, but in Writer you cannot resize the formula
without changing its basis font size.

Why do you need a formula in pdf? Perhaps there is a better way for your
purpose.

Kind regards
Regina
Jacques Malaprade
2011-11-02 15:59:17 UTC
Hi Regina,

Thanks for the advice.

I need the formula to be added to a Calc spreadsheet. Is there another
way of adding it?

Regards,

Jacques

On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 14:43 -0700, Regina Henschel [via Document
Post by Regina Henschel
Hi Jacques,
Regina Henschel
2011-11-02 16:43:43 UTC
Hi Jacques,
Post by Jacques Malaprade
Hi Regina,
Thanks for the advice.
I need the formula to be added to a Calc spreadsheet. Is there another
way of adding it?
No it is the same way as for inserting into a Draw document. So simple
follow that description. A Calc sheet has besides the table of cells a
so called "Draw page". There things are located like charts, drawing
objects and control fields (e.g. button) and Math-formulas.

If you need it often, you should add the "insert formula"-icon to your
toolbar. It is in category "Insert". You get the Math-editor in
"inplace"-mode, but you can use it same as calling it as separate
module, only zooming does not work.

Kind regards
Regina
Stephan Zietsman
2011-10-31 06:47:59 UTC
Post by Jacques Malaprade
Please someone help. I am trying to export a long formula to PDF from lo
math and it only exports the text in the input window (%sigma etc.). I need
to export the proper formulas.
I  have rebooted, tried to convert and import from different formats but no
luck.
Could you please let us know which version of LibreOffice you are
running? Also, which operating system (Windows 7 or Ubuntu 11.10
etc.)?

Regards
Stephan
Jacques Malaprade