[libreoffice-users] Help with VLOOKUP requested
Budge
2017-07-21 10:15:29 UTC
I have a formula VLOOKUP(E2,Sheet2.A2:B690,2,0) in cell J2 which fills
in J2 with the value corresponding to the number in E2 which is looked
up from a table in sheet2.

My problem is that when I copy this formula down column J the E2 changes
to E3 which is correct, but the table defined by Sheet2.A2:B690, which
should be fixed, has the addresses changed also.

How may I fix the lookup table when I copy the file down a column please?

---
http://www.avg.com
All messages sent to this list will be publicly arc
Jean-Francois Nifenecker
2017-07-22 19:15:19 UTC
Budge,
Post by Budge
I have a formula VLOOKUP(E2,Sheet2.A2:B690,2,0) in cell J2 which fills
in J2 with the value corresponding to the number in E2 which is looked
up from a table in sheet2.
My problem is that when I copy this formula down column J the E2 changes
to E3 which is correct, but the table defined by Sheet2.A2:B690, which
should be fixed, has the addresses changed also.
How may I fix the lookup table when I copy the file down a column please?
Add "$" symbols where it pertains.

In your case, your formula should look like:
VLOOKUP(E2,Sheet2.$A$2:$B$690,2,0)

Note that, when entering a formula, the F4 key (newer versions of LO) or
Shift+F4 combination (older versions) could help.

HTH,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and