[libreoffice-users] SDW file format specification
Marcin Trendota
2017-07-19 13:02:03 UTC
Hello

I'm looking a way to crack my old password-protected StarOffice files. I
was able to load unprotected files with old OpenOffice (as LO doesn't
support it anymore), but i can't remember the password(s) for protected
ones. I would like to feed John The Ripper with password hashes taken
from these files. Is there any way to obtain them?

Thanks!
--
Over And Out
MoonWolf
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be del
Toki
2017-07-20 12:24:12 UTC
Post by Marcin Trendota
I'm looking a way to crack my old password-protected StarOffice files.
http://libreoffice-environment.blogspot.com/search/label/encryption
might be helpful.

For various reasons, I haven't yet gotten to writing a Python script
that runs an optimized brute force approached to decrupting documents
created by AOo/AnOo/EO/LibO/NO/OOo/SO/etc.

jonathon
All messages sent to this list will be publicly arc
Shinnok
2017-07-21 11:28:04 UTC
Marcin,

There's a odf2john.py in JtR Jumbo available. Though it might be outdated:
https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/blob/bleeding-jumbo/run/odf2john.py <https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/blob/bleeding-jumbo/run/odf2john.py>

Last I know, even Johnny was capable of importing ODF and creating a john session:
https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/ <https://github.com/shinnok/johnny/>

If you get around to adjusting the script to StarOffice or current ODF format please also submit a PR to JtR/Johnny. Let me know.

Regards,
Shinnok